The 6 Best Breakfast Options to Lose Weight the Healthy Way
One of the most frustrating things, when you are trying to lose weight, is being recommended to eat the same thing day in and day out for breakfast.
Not only can this cause you to reach for other foods which will cause cravings later on in the day, but it can make you feel like your breakfast is always downtrodden and dull.
Rather, breakfast should be nutritious, energizing, and something you look forward to when you get out of bed in the morning.
Plus, a healthy breakfast will ensure that you do not binge eat later on in the day and it keeps you fuller for longer, which is the best way to lose weight.
In this article, we will explore six breakfast options that can help you lose weight while still remaining delicious.
1. Smoothies filled with high-protein items. These are perfect for those who don’t necessarily want to consume “hard” food in the morning or are always on the go and rushing out the door.
They are a quick way to get a concentrated dose of nutrients and will boost weight loss if you put the right things in them.
Although you can tailor your smoothies to, however, you like them, it is highly recommended that you incorporate high protein ingredients like protein powder, nuts, and seeds to help make you feel fuller longer.
Keep in mind that these can turn into a calorie bomb if you put in the wrong items, so for an easy weight loss smoothie, blend one cup of milk with leafy greens like kale or spinach, two tablespoons of chia seeds, and one cup of strawberries or your fruit of choice.
2. Eggs and greens. These are super easy to make and only require a heated skillet.
In this recipe, it calls for mushrooms and spinach which are sautéed in the skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil.
Generally, you want one cup of sliced mushrooms and two cups of spinach.
While your spinach and mushrooms are being sautéed, grab another skillet and crack an egg into the pan and cook it sunny-side up.
Once done, add it to your vegetables and enjoy with a sauce like Sriracha.
This type of breakfast is nutritious and only has approximately 250-300 calories.
3. Consider pairing fish with toast. Yes, this may sound gross at first, but this high-protein and the indulgent meal is going to leave you feeling happy and full.
Grab a slice of whole-wheat bread, toast it, and add 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of cream cheese to it.
Smoke up some salmon (2 ounces generally) and place on top with onion or tomato and chives. This comes in around 350 calories.
4. Homefries and 3 links of natural chicken sausage. Rather than using regular potato for your home fries, cook up one sweet potato and cube it.
Throw in 1.5 cups of chopped kale, two teaspoons of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Heat up the natural chicken sausage in a pan, saute the sweet potato and kale, and combine on a plate.
Not only will this give you a good kick in the morning, but the sweet potatoes also have fewer calories and the chicken isn’t filled with toxins.
5. Consider oatmeal or muesli with fruit. Although this is generally recommended as a staple, you can really spruce it up by adding in fruit, using almond milk, and letting it sit overnight.
You should use steel-cut oats, unsweetened milk or almond milk, and go for things like honey, cloves, and tart fruit like cherries.
You may also want to add on a nut like almonds or if you want a bit of a sweeter dish, pecans, as these will give you the fibre you need to withstand snacking until lunch.
An alternative to this would be barley with walnuts and maple syrup or milk.
6. Quinoa or spinach pancakes. Both of these are incredibly wholesome and cut down on the number of calories that would otherwise be in regular pancakes.
For the spinach pancakes, use whole wheat flour, milk, yogurt, spinach, and a cheese filling and for the quinoa pancakes, just use quinoa to make them and top with fresh fruit.
You can pair any of the dishes up with water, green tea, or coffee without the sugar and fat from the cream.
By eating the above, you will curb cravings, have more energy, and last longer throughout the day.
Plus, when you eat the right foods in the morning, your metabolism kicks up and helps you lose weight quickly.
▶ Subscribe to the channel! –
Royalty free Pictures from
Royalty Free Music from
Audio Library – No Copyright Music
View it on YouTube