The Power of Now Explained
“All problems are illusions of the mind.” – Eckhart Tolle
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
– Our mind has a tendency to occupy it's energy towards the past or the future
– If you get upset or angry at a past event, there are two causes of pain. One, the event itself, and two, your reaction to it in the present moment.
– If you identify yourself with the emotions you are feeling, this can lead to emotional pain. Dis-identifying the self from your emotions is the key to inner peace.
– Nothing happens in the past or future, the past is a collection of ‘nows' that once were, the future a series of ‘nows' that haven't happened yet.
– If you are fully present, you can’t be un-happy. The first step towards becoming present is to dis-identify from your mind, this starts with watching the thinker.
– The next time you encounter negative thoughts, observe them. That is, listen to the voice in your head, feel the emotion, observe the reaction. Do not feed the thoughts with analysis, do not judge, just be there as the watching presence as they come and go.
View it on YouTube