12 Attributes Of Above Average People – According To Philosophy

The mind is only as receptive as it is humble.

🔔 SUBSCRIBE for more free improvement videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtYzVCmNxrshH4_bPO_-Y-A?sub_confirmation=1

⏱ TIMESTAMPS
0:00 – Intro
0:43 – 1: They Respect — And Exercise — Their Power Over Their Reactions
1:25 – 2: They See Happiness As A Decision, Not A Goal
2:05 – 3: They Listen More Than They Speak
2:40 – 4: They Have A Vivid Direction In Life — And A Purpose
3:31 – 5: They Are Truly Kind
4:18 – 6: They Do Not Rely On Luck
5:07 – 7: They Are Intellectually Humble
6:02 – 8: They Practice The Art Of Contentment
6:51 – 9: They Are Not Ashamed To Ask For Help
7:15 – 10: They Take Full Responsibility For Their Lives
8:18 – 11: They Radically Protect Their Focus
8:41 – 12: They Are Filled With Love

🔓 BECOME A MEMBER
Access special community perks including the complete illustration archive and exclusive early access to new videos a week early. Support the channel by clicking that Join button! Or, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtYzVCmNxrshH4_bPO_-Y-A/join

🎥 WANT TO CREATE VIDEOS LIKE THESE?
This is the software I use: http://bit.ly/2CdPdwF

🎨 FREE ILLUSTRATIONS
Want the complete illustration of each video as it's released? Become an Improvement Insider. Get The Art of Improvement Email, all for FREE! http://artofimprovement.co.uk

🔗 ADDITIONAL LINKS & RESOURCES
Learn to Respond, Not React: https://zenhabits.net/respond/

Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln: https://thriveglobal.com/stories/most-folks-are-as-happy-as-they-make-up-their-minds-to-be-abraham-lincoln/

Happiness Is A Decision: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/happiness-is-a-decision_b_57f55170e4b050f8f9044e83

Listening Skills: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/ips/listening-skills.html

90% of People Are Poor Listeners. Are You the Remaining 10%?: https://www.lifehack.org/597203/90-of-people-are-poor-listeners-are-you-the-remaining-10

The Power Of Saying Less: https://medium.com/swlh/the-power-of-saying-less-5bbf5ecf5e73

GOALS and GOAL SETTING: http://www.learnfromthegiants.com/goals.html

Weak Kindness & The Doormat Phenomenon: https://www.rightattitudes.com/2017/03/17/balance-kindness-with-strength/

Who Is Marcus Aurelius?: https://dailystoic.com/marcus-aurelius/

Who Is Seneca?: https://dailystoic.com/seneca/

Humility in learning: https://www.imd.org/research-knowledge/articles/humility-in-learning/

Who Is Epictetus?: https://dailystoic.com/epictetus/

Five Good Emperors: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Five-Good-Emperors

12 Real Differences Between a Rich Mindset vs. a Poor Mindset: https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/rich-vs-poor-mindset/

The Art of Contentment: https://thoughtcatalog.com/tony-fahkry/2015/05/the-art-of-contentment/

How to Take Responsibility for Your Life Without Blaming Yourself: https://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-take-responsibility-for-your-life-without-blaming-yourself/

✍️ This was initially published as an article on Medium.com by Spencer Sekulin: https://medium.com/mind-cafe/12-attributes-of-above-average-people-according-to-philosophy-c57eaa0e1ea

✍️ Author: Spencer Sekulin | https://spencersekulin.net

👨‍💻 LET'S CONNECT
http://artofimprovement.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfImprovement
twitter.com/TheArtOfImprove
https://www.instagram.com/art.of.improvement

View it on YouTube